Incubation Program Manager Catalysis (m/w/d)
New Business Incubation
Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
Umicore’s commitment to creating a sustainable future relies on innovation in all areas of business. As we keep pushing our boundaries and strive to set new industry standards, embracing advanced technologies has never been more essential. By finding these technologies we can navigate challenges and enhance our capabilities. By sharing different ideas, we can develop new business units or establish new divisions within our organisation. This is where contribution and collaboration are the drivers of real change. Where individual thought is identified, incubated and nurtured for growth in years to come. There is still so much potential waiting to be unearthed. Which is where you come in.
• Definition, coordination and implementation of future-oriented projects in line with business innovation objectives
• Define, together with the Innovation Director, the resources and teams needed to achieve the objectives of the projects at the beginning and during implementation
• Define and track the budget for incubation projects based on available competencies and resource needs. Initiate corrective actions if necessary.
• Report to the responsible steering committees on the status of the incubation projects and next steps
• Cooperation and development of partnerships outside (customers, universities) and within the Umicore organization to ensure the success of future projects
• Technical evaluation of innovation projects with regard to market relevance
• Technical university degree (chemistry, physics, engineering) with several years of professional experience in cross-functional research and management of applied catalysis programs
• Expertise in catalysis, applied technology, manufacturing processes or product design is a major advantage
• Program management, organizational, planning and coordination skills
• Business acumen and good understanding of Research & Development financing (research budget/cost accounting)
• Experience in conducting large, global research programs
• Good presentation skills and self-confidence when presenting to executives
• Analytical thinking, problem-solving skills and a strong drive for innovation and change
• Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills and promoter of cooperation between teams
• Self-motivation, open-mindedness, organizational talent and adaptability
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office products (with focus on Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of project planning programs would be an advantage (e.g. MS Project)
• Excellent written and spoken English (an additional language such as French, German, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese is an advantage)
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: www.umicore.de/de/karriere/
Umicore AG & Co. KG | Erik Steinbrecher | HR Hanau
Rodenbacher Chaussee 4 | 63457 Hanau-Wolfgang