Process Control Manager
Korea, Republic of - Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Process & Product Development
Posted on 25-05-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Manager Process Control is responsible for
(i) Proper/sustainable process condition setting up, quality/process parameter monitoring,
continuous improvement of product quality and process to achieve best productivity
(ii) MPTR execution by proactive approach for sustainable process condition to achieve the most effective qualification procedure
(iii) Highest technical document(Control plan/P-FMEA) management by leading task force team members from relevant department to meet automobile related customer demand, plus locally process/quality parameters optimization based on those documents
He/she is responsible for the sub-team management of process control and communication and integration with local operations.
Process and product quality monitoring and incremental improvement :
- Responsible for monitoring process/quality parameters to ensure good and sustainable quality of products and secure optimal productivity through finding opportunities for improvement. In parallel with this, minimizing loss of non-conforming products by preparing a reprocess plan.
Mass production trial execution :
- Responsible for optimized and effective mass production trial considering product quality and process conditions with local operations in line with global process control procedures.
New product/RM/additives/line + all kind of 4M changes with proper systematic approach are included in this category.
Control plan/P-FMEA management and process/quality parameters optimization :
- Responsible for management by leading local task force team with proactive approach and continuous process/quality parameters optimization with relevant department in line with global strategy requirement
- Responsible for the recurring meeting system with sub-team members, the competence development of the team, and the communication and the integration with local operations regarding process, quality and qualification issue
Certification system requirements :
- Supporting Quality/EHS/Energy certification system in conducting proper approach and participating internal/external audit as PC representative.
Who we are looking for
- University bachelor or master’s in engineering, chemistry or related field with >5 years’ experience in raw material and product development, industrialization and process control and process technology including supervisory tasks
2. Technical skills:
- Expert knowledge for production product, process and equipment
- Good knowledge for chemistry, machine and analysis to understand fundamental of product and process
- Good understanding of EHS and Quality program (ISO)
- Fluent speaking and writing English
- Excellent reporting and communication skills in English.
- Good knowledge of MS and other software, and good understanding of on-line share point and the other data management system
3. Managerial skills:
- Good organizing skills
- Able to make decisions
- Perseverant and committed to results
- Good level of reporting and presentation skills
- Good communication skills, open, respectful, convincing
- Ability to operate in a matrix structure in contact with different departments