Production Operator (Arab, AL)
United States, Arab Alabama
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we pioneer approaches to sustainability that continue to offer customers materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. To achieve this, however, we know we can’t stand still. We know we need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. It’s why we invest so much in research & development. It’s why we push ourselves to tackle increasingly complex challenges. It’s why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed. It’s why we are looking for talented individuals to shape tomorrow by leading the way today.
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking a Production Operator at our Arab, AL facility.
About Cobalt and Specialty Materials
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints and tyres. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Daily Production: Follows daily schedules for producing product and meeting production goals as assigned by the Production Supervisor and/or Operations Manager, operates various types of equipment, both automated and manual. Maintains productivity even in times of change. Maintains safe and efficient use of equipment and tools
- Safety: Follow all safety rules and guidelines.
- Quality: Produce product that meets Umicore quality standards and is within customer specifications.
- Production Records: Logging production data into control forms and/or spreadsheets and databases promptly and accurately.
- Housekeeping: Responsible for keeping work area and other areas clean and organized as assigned by the Production Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
- Various: Other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
What we are looking for
- High School Diploma or GED
- Forklift experience a plus
- Knowledge of 5S a plus
- Computer literacy – Preferably with Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook)
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Basic mathematical and comprehension skills.
- Ability to input and save data into spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Good understanding of company safety policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of Management System.
- Good understanding of production instructions and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot processes and participate in the determination of the root cause. Must be able to understand and assist in solving technical and mechanical issues within the processes.
- Ability to obtain forklift operating license and operate a forklift safely and effectively.
- Ability to work in a team environment, including the ability to effectively communicate, share information, resolve issues, give and receive both positive and critical feedback in a respectful and professional manner.
- Must have good technical skills to learn and grow, keeping current with new automation and technology as it applies to processes at Umicore.
- Must be able to wear all Personal Protective Equipment as required, including a respirator.
- Willingly accepts and performs special assignments.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to work alternate shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as required.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our know-how can produce cobalt specialty chemicals, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO.
Umicore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance applying for this position, please contactt Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.