South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Department - RBM
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Project Engineer(automation) manages the engineering design and site construction of manufacturing and facility automation & control during the project phases and ensure safe and efficient operation of the equipment and process installation.
• Develop/introduce automation system into the project on top of process & operation condition understanding, maintain and solve PLC issue during the project construction;
• Discuss with relative persons for PLC model selection and proposal audit as well as taking part in the vendor evaluation and technical communication;
• Maintain and update relative drawings to hand over all documents to operational team after project commissioning and support vendor to train RBMK person before SOP
• Co-work with IT person to setup the reasonable software and hardware system which match up RBM IT requirement and record the process data for other dept. investigation;
Who we are looking for
• Educational background: Bachelor(with min 5yrs experience) or Master degree(with min 3yrs experience) in instrumentation, process automation and control, electronic and electrical engineering are preferred; Experience in engineering design of instrumentation and control; configuring and troubleshooting PLC/DCS systems in a manufacturing/chemical processing facility or similar (Experience with WINCC, MS-SQL, PLC configuration and field bus technology is desirable)
• Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and successfully in English
• Self-motivated and strong commitment to result and excellence
• Being able to work under stress and independently
• Good at learning and be able to come up with solution
• Ability to work in a matrix structure, good communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?