United States, Houston
Fuel cell & Stationary Catalysts
Process & Product Development, Product Management, Engineering
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Umicore Catalyst
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tonnes of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Allocates and direct the resources needed to fulfil each SCR catalyst project globally
- Manage design work, ensuring it is done pursuant to contract specifications and quality procedures, and is delivered according to project deadlines.
- Provides a schedule and works closely with the technical sales group during the proposal phase to ensure deadlines can be met, and design proposed is mechanically feasible.
- Accountable for the “hand-over” from the sales team to the project team.
- Communicates with clients throughout projects building and maintaining client relationships
- Owner of the project status list, which is the system of record for all projects handled by stationary catalyst project management
- Main point of communications between technical sales group and the Plant
- Responsible for communication with sub-suppliers including quotations, questions, scheduling, quality requirements and delivery of service. When non-conformances occur responsible for reporting and solving any issues.
After Sales Management
- Troubleshooting and resolving any and all product issues
- Handle change orders for additional equipment
- Managing employees schedules and time management
- Handling inter-team relationships and conflicts of priority
- Mentor and develop direct reports
Who we are looking for
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
2 years in a mechanical engineering role
5 to 10 years of technical project management
5 years of management experience
Ability to maintain relationships with colleagues and direct reports
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with staff and customers
Able to work with a diverse group from different backgrounds and different disciplines
Excellent conflict management skills
Strong inter-personal and management skills (communicating, motivating, and developing team members)
Must be able to manage multiple deadlines with competing priorities
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Self-motivated individual who can work independently and make decisions
Work well under pressure
Very detailed oriented
Capacity to multi-task and troubleshoot at the highest level
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our leadership team can help us reduce harmful emissions of power plants IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Patricia Apolinar at email@example.com.
If my expertise can help us reduce harmful emissions of power plants, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO