Project & Operations Manager Analytics
Corporate Research & Development
Research & Development
Posted on 29-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Corporate Research & Development
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Group Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development means that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You lead an operational team of analytical experts with focus on people management en development, safety, operational efficiency and high quality analytical results! You build and apply internationally respected expertise within multiple analytical core competences, with a focus on material and powder characterization! Together with the team of the Analytical Competence Center (ACC) in Olen you implement analytical projects and follow-up analytical work in the context of the expertise domain material and powder characterization.
- You lead an operational team of analytical experts with focus on people development, operational efficiency and high quality analytical work
- You develop and maintain internationally recognized expert knowledge within the domain of material and powder characterization and you define strategic priorities to develop competences in this knowledge field and adjacent analytical domains
- You follow-up internal and external developments in your domain of expertise
- You screen the market and import new techniques and equipment
- You provide technological foresight on global Umicore level for the future needs in analytical tools and encourage the global analytical network inside Umicore
- You propose, explain, plan, complete, prioritize and follow-up a portfolio of analytical projects within the framework of analytical competence development. You define the project strategy.
- You align with internal customers on the analytical needs and safeguard accurate confidentiality guidelines
- You are the key contact for internal customers
- You show safety leadership behavior, implement and control safety rules and quality procedures.
- You co-define the team organization and strategy in the Management Team of ACC
- You play an active and leading role in the communication process of your projects and promote teamwork
- You assure a constant high-quality level of assaying
- You deploy the EHS standards and action plans within your team
Who we are looking for
- You have solid leadership and communication skills, you are a great teammate and people manager and you are also committed to results
- You are a strong problem solver, have an analytical approach and are creative in developing new methods and procedures
- You are familiar with practical requirements of environmental, health and safety issues.
- You are familiar with quality assurance principles
- You are good in networking, and you have planning and organization skills
- You have an academic degree in Materials Science, a PhD in Chemistry, Geology, Physics, or equivalent through validated experience
- You have a deep relevant knowledge base in the field of material and powder characterization and have a deep insight in the relevant technical fields
- You are fluent in English and are willing to learn Dutch on short term
- You have strong oral and written reporting skills
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my research can help tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?