RTC EHS Manager
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The RTC EHS Manager is responsible for managing to organize and ensure safe work environment in Research and Technology Center(RTC) and developing, implementing policy/procedures with RBM-EHS for RTC and coordination with RTC-Q accordingly.
1. EHS Management
• Manage and respond ISO 45001/14001/50001 certification Audit, Lab. audit,
• Government Safety/Environment audit in RTC
• Manage the non-conformities from EHS Audit(internal/external), monitoring, patrol, FTA.
• Manage work environment assessment(Dust/Bio/Organic...) from site/corporate EHS
• Manage Umicore corporate PROHARA program in R&D with RBM EHS team
• Management of legal PSM requirement(PSSR, JSA, SOP, ...) in RTC
• Manage AM tool(passcards(HI), Near Miss, FA, RI, LTA) in RTC
• Manage Environment Aspect Assessment & Risk Assessment in RTC
• Management of MSDS&GHS Label, Chemical Storage & Waste process in RTC
• External contractor management & Safety work permit follow-up in RTC
• Management of PPE rules, signs, labels, daily safety manager program...
• Mange/implement regular safety training (toxic chemical training, legal training...)
2. Coordination of Quality Management
• Standardize RTC internal process as a procedure, workflow
• Implement 5S activity, Visual management in RTC
• Implement MSA and PEM in RTC
• Follow-up ECR for RTC
Who we are looking for
- Over 10 years’ experience for safety(EHS) related part
- Knowledge of EHS management system [ISO45001, ISO14001, ISO50001…]
- Preferred for safety related certificates & qualifications
- Good planning, analysis and organising skill
- Computer literacy (PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Word)
- Good communication skill and strong team sprit
- Able to manage to work and to solve problems together
- Good team leading and coaching skill
- Good skills in English speaking/writing
- Operational process curiosity & application for improvement
- Spread self-motivation for R&D colleagues
- Target-driven, problem solver
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?