Young Graduate Program China - Chemistry Lab Engineer
China, Shanghai - UMS
Fuel cell & Stationary Catalysts
Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Fuel Cell and Stationary Catalysts (FSC)
High-performance stationary catalysts. Next generation fuel-cell technologies. With clean air and green mobility playing a vital part in protecting the world of tomorrow, our design and production of these sustainable solutions has never been more crucial. Developing innovative products for a broad range of industries, we’re creating a better future by helping customers reach zero emission mobility and power supply. To keep improving the way the world moves we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a Chemistry Lab Engineer, your job role will include:
- Work on the chemical analysis of new functional materials in the field of catalysis, battery materials and recycling.
- Execute analysis and research tasks such as sample preparation, instrumental analysis and data evaluation
- Evaluate the obtained results
- Write reports with an adequate description of the results
- Collaborate with other teams.
- Build and share technical competences
Who we are looking for
- Education: Master Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bio-engineering or Sciences
- Good knowledge of functional materials and the common analytical techniques preferably in the field of battery/precious metal materials
- Hands-on experience with separation techniques (e.g. extractions) and comprehensive techniques for analysis of liquids
- Good affinity for data evaluation, statistics and method validation
- Good scientific curiosity and creative to deal with complex analytical challenges
- Solid organization and reporting skills
- Work in a structured and accurate way and work independently
- Familiar with practical requirements of environmental, health and safety issues.
- Language skills: Good oral and written knowledge of English
- Other skills: Capable user of PC MS office applications
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my ambition can help us support greener mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?