Young Graduate Program China - Metallurgy Technology Engineer
China, Shanghai - UMS
Precious Metals Refining
Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining (PMR)
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a Metallurgy Technology Engineer, your job role will include:
- Work with other function to improve product quality
- Support to reduce cost
- Deliver technical support to project, other industrial projects
- Build up and maintain product data base, ensure BOM accuracy
- Improvement in product quality, cost reduction, and efficiency
Who we are looking for
- Education: Master Degree in Metallurgy/Metal Engineering /Process or related major
- Knowledge on process engineering design, technical support or process operation in the refinery or relative industry
- Knowledge on Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up of process unit
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience about process simulation tools
- Good knowledge of industry standards and practices related to process design and safety
- Language skills: Good oral and written knowledge of English
- Other skills: Capable user of PC MS office applications
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my recycling ideas can help tackle recource scarcity, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?