Brand and Marketing Communications Manager
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. It focuses on application areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Its activities are organised in three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling. Each business group is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life.
Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technologies, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and recycling. Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils its mission: materials for a better life.
The Umicore Group has industrial operations on all continents and serves a global customer base; it generated a turnover of € 11.1 billion (€ 2.7 billion excluding metal) in 2016 and currently employs 9,900 people.
In co-operation with the Director of Group Communications, you contribute to the Group Brand and Marketing Communication Strategy and translate it into long and mid-term communication plans. You have ownership of the brand narrative style and support colleagues in detecting, providing and completing brand narrative material, application guidelines, models and templates. You are the point of reference for business units or all stakeholders requiring brand collateral or approval of branded material, guaranteeing the consistency of the Umicore brand and image. You provide branding advice and training internally throughout the group and co-facilitate the Brand Ambassadors’ network.
- You manage Branding projects. You act as owner of all branding aspects related to major branding projects for corporate departments or BUs. A major branding project is currently Employer Branding at Group level worldwide.
- You are responsible for Brand assets. You supervise, manage and promote brand assets, including Umicore Brand Identity Guidelines and Group-wide tools and materials supporting Umicore’s brand: photography, video, narrative, examples of corporate and business marketing materials and digital tools including PowerPoint. More specifically you are responsible for management of the Digital Applications Platform and all aspects related to its content. You source and contribute creative ideas, material and copy to integrated strategic storytelling on multiple media channels. In collaboration with the Group Communications Director, you supervise acquisition of these tools and controls the consistency of their use in order to ensure standardized brand positioning.
- You support Brand strategy. In co-operation with the Group Communications Director, you translate strategic objectives into a communication plan and budget for responsibility areas. You implement, supervise, follow up execution, initiate and control corrective actions when necessary. You share in the team tasks of Brand promotion and narrative, agency roster and cost reduction.
- You watch over Brand consistency. You act as the Group’s point of reference for brand consistency and for training and facilitation of brand experts group-wide. You have ownership of the brand narrative style and support and instruct colleagues in detecting, providing and completing brand narrative material. You facilitate certain Brand Ambassador actions including yearly meetings.
- You manage for M&A branding (acquisitions and divestments of brands) establishing polices rules for integration of brand when companies/business are acquired and when others are divested.
- You have a master in communication or related field and about ten years of professional experience in an international communication environment.
- You are fluent in English; fluency in any other European or non-European languages is an asset.
- You have excellent communications skills, and a High level of knowledge / experience of internal and external communications platforms and mix (internet, intranet, social media, print, media, etc.)
- You can translate complex and highly technical business information into effective messages for a variety of international target audiences and beyond cultural differences and sensitivities.
- You are able to translate strategic objectives in an operational communication plan and to devise and deliver communication plans on a wide range of internal and external issues / projects.
- You have excellent project management and planning skills, able to conduct own activities within a broader strategic plan and communications approach.
- You are an excellent networker and interact comfortably with many different actors both within and outside the organization and this in an international multicultural working environment.
- Open minded: towards other cultures, being able to handle diversity.
- You are a team player, flexible, open minded and perseverant to pursue projects through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- You are an innovator who embraces new approaches, angles to achieve goals.