Business Excellence Manager
Precious Metals Refining
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Business Excellence Manager you will deploy Business Excellence throughout the Umicore Precious Metals Refining activities in Hoboken. You support, design and implement quality thinking throughout the organization and with your team you drive, maintain and manage the different management systems, which are used such as ISO9000 for quality, ISO14001 for environment and ISO45001 for health & safety.
Your detailed responsibilities :
- You advise and support the Management Team in setting the strategy and priorities in Business excellence with the ISO requirements as leading vehicle.
- You take the responsibility to implement the approach in the whole organization (plant of 1800 people with many different departments (more than 14)).
- You develop, nurture and change the quality thinking in the different departments in order to improve the sustainability of the plant.
- You are responsible for the ISO-certification of the different QEHS management systems.
- You conduct audits (process audits, quality audits, …) with the team to look for areas of improvement and initiate and steer improvement programs.
- You advise on improvement and change programs or analyse specific people or organizational problems upon request of the Management Team.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Master level education to understand quality models, statistics and to design action programs.
- You have a minimum experience of 5 years in an industrial environment in order to understand complexity of organizations, to design strategy and action plans .
- You have a good knowledge of production processes and Project management. You are also eager to work on Change Management.
- You possess a high maturity so that human interaction is constructive. You also take a pragmatic approach to be supportive to the stakeholders you work with.
- You have a deep interest in and knowledge of QEHS managements systems and business excellence.
- You have excellent Dutch and English language and communication skills (oral and written).
- You are a team player, always keeping a helicopter view on things.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our recycling teams can help tackle resource scarcity, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO