Category Procurement Manager Industrial Projects
Purchasing and Transportation
Posted on 23-11-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions, Purchasing & Transportation and others
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Category Procurement Manager Industrial Projects your main purpose is to ensure that the international procurement activities, to support the strategic investment projects of the BU RBM, are completed timely, with the right quality and within budget!
You drive procurement added value contribution to our customers while respecting policies, strategies and procedures. You drive the development of category practices, including deployment of sourcing strategy and partner management to enhance added value (based on total cost of ownership) for the company.
You will report to the Senior Category Procurement Manager Industrial projects and you are located on the Olen site.
Your detailed responsibilities:
Develop and implement category strategies for international investment projects in close cooperation with the local procurement and engineering teams
- Develop, lead and implement category management plans and sourcing strategies to meet business needs, improve stakeholder engagement and challenge and empower Suppliers to optimize delivery and service outcome
- Ensure that Customers’ needs are reflected in the category strategy
- Establish spend baselines and category profile, inclusive risk assessment, supplier relationship management and procure to pay strategy
- Prepare and lead agreement negotiations in cross-functional teams.
- Develop high quality contracts or orders, ensure contract/order follow-up until good for payment
- Execute and supervise the added value initiatives as originating from the category strategy.
Daily lead and development of cross-functional working groups
- Lead international cross-functional working groups to achieve a high level of performance, integration and consistency across the category
- Provide procurement strategy and category (technical) expertise, act as an account manager/liaison between Umicore and the suppliers and establish strong business relationships for what concerns Industrial Projects related procurement activities.
- Share sourcing trends, standard methodologies and results and coordinate knowledge distribution
- Be a challenger in the different sourcing teams and towards the internal customers
Drive improvement in procurement operations through optimisation of user compliance, supplier performance, contracts and customer happiness
Who we are looking for
A hardworking colleague with:
- A Master’s degree in business or logistics or equal through experience
- proven experience (3-5 years) in a relevant business field
- Good knowledge of procurement
- Deep understanding of Umicore’s business needs and expectations of internal customers
- Capable user of PC MS office applications. Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Outstanding behaviour towards ethics and integrity
- Strong Internal Customer orientation with persuading and influencing skills
- Focus on continuous improvement and dedication to achieve results
- Collaborative mentality and team-worker
- Excellent Project and Risk Leadership skills
- Good knowledge of English (Dutch, French and German is a plus)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO