Category Procurement Manager Industrial Projects
Posted on 19-05-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions, Procurement and others
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Within the category of Industrial Projects Belgium, you are responsible for:
- the purchase of complex investment-files, including deployment of sourcing strategy and stakeholder management to maximize added value (based on total cost of ownership) for the company
- target setting, in alignment with the senior Category Procurement Manager and the Category Procurement Center Director and our customers
- developing and implementing category strategies for investment projects in Belgium
- driving improvement in procurement operations through optimisation of user compliance, supplier performance, contracts and customer satisfaction
- managing the Belgian investment and lab procurement team (4 people)
You will report into the Sr Category Procurement Manager Industrial Projects and you will have to travel between the Hoboken and Olen site.
Who we are looking for
An enthusiastic and driven colleague with:
- Master Degree in Business or Logistics
- at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in procurement
- strong Internal Customer orientation with persuading and influencing skills
- focus on continuous improvement and commitment to achieve results
- collaborative mentality and team-worker
- the ability to prioritise and switch tasks
- fluent communication skills in Dutch and English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?