Chemical Production Technologist
United States, Catoosa
Precious Metals Chemistry
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Precious Metals Chemistry (PMC)
Life-enhancing chemistry. Umicore is an expert in metals-based catalysis for applications that improve our quality of life. Emission treatment technologies, cancer treatments, the production of fine chemicals and advanced electronics – all are made possible by our organometallic technology know-how. To bring the magic of metal-based chemistry and catalysis to new customers and new applications we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The position of this job exists to have an individual with strong skills and experience in a laboratory, chemistry and chemical manufacturing environment such that they can coordinate and carry out the manufacture of PMC products with the objective of timely and in spec product. Specifically, this will include:
- Production of precious metal organic compounds on time, in spec, with appropriate metal balances.
- Packaging of orders in compliance with transportation, QHSE standards, and customer requirements.
- Perform weekly inspections, track inventory of wastes, maintain standards and labelling as defined by RCRA and established company procedures. Dispose of materials in a timely manner while maintaining appropriate documentation and compliance. Develop general awareness required to competently participate in and maintain PSM compliance as defined by Corporate EHS. Additional training will be provided.
- Process improvement.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, can detect and correct process inefficiencies, and develop effective solutions on the fly as needed by relying on their analytical skills, knowledge, and experience. The position requires a person experienced in the preparation of chemical compounds (large and small scale) with a proficiency to produce in spec and on-time product.
- BS/BA degree in chemistry, engineering technology, or relevant science is required.
- 0-5 years experience in a chemical manufacturing environment may be substituted in the absence of a degree if substantial experience with specific job functions.
- Laboratory bench work experience is a plus.
- Production of chemical compounds/products is preferred. Mechanical aptitude and work with PLC/HMI systems is a plus.
- This position may require working nights.
- Experience with chemical manufacturing is a plus.
- Skills in inorganic or organic chemistry are a plus.
- Proficient with spreadsheets and simple calculations.
- Other important attributes are adherence to methods, people skills, resourcefulness, good numbers sense, ability to work with hands, problem solving, and ability to work under pressure.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO