Entry Level Associate Sales Manager (La Vergne, TN)
United States, La Vergne
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Sales & Marketing
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore's expertise covers the sourcing, production, and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore's materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints, and tires. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways of doing things, discover new solutions, and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking an Associate Sales Manager in our Cobalt and Specialty Materials business unit, located at the Palm Commodities International, LLC facility in LaVergne, TN. This is an entry-level position, which will provide a promising candidate with the opportunity to gain sales experience with an international business.
As our Associate Sales Manager you'll be responsible for sales process and marketing activities for surface finishing and other related products within our commercial department to drive growth of sales revenue and ensure profitable results. Specifically, this will include:
- Developing a complete understanding of sales processes, product offerings, and industries
- Contacting identified target accounts via telephone on a daily basis to develop customer relationships and facilitate sales
- Proposing pricing, recommending inventory programs, customer payment methodologies, and negotiating contracts
- Interfacing with Customer Service, Purchasing, and Compliance departments to support efficient processing of orders and responsiveness to customer needs
- Completing special projects as directed such as market analyses
- Other duties as needed
Our success is based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and prepared to tackle any challenges they face. As well as your Bachelor’s degree in Business or Chemistry/Related Sciences, we’ll also be looking for:
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization with a measured sense of understanding for sensitive and confidential issues
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and analyze potential risks and effectively create solutions
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships with patience and persistence
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented while being able to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong diplomacy and organizational skills
- Experience with internal or external sales and/or phone sales would be a plus
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Our benefits package includes health insurance, company paid life insurance and short-term disability, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, voluntary critical illness and accident insurance, a 401K Plan with employer matching and profit-sharing eligibility, and bonuses. We recognize 11 paid holidays per year and provide a generous allowance for vacation and sick time.
This is a certified Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace, and pre-employment drug testing is a prerequisite to hire.
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance applying for this position, please contact Palm HR at HR@palminc.com.