Process Control Engineer
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
As staff position of Process Control Dept., the candidate will follow one or several products during the different process steps of all cathode material production
- Continuously monitor the production lines & product quality, combining visual inspections and study of the data (statistics)
- Maintain PT database for Quality-monitoring for the followed products
- Basic reporting about test results, quality monitoring, etc.
- Mechanical test of new equipment for improving of the process
- Measure specific process parameters to improve process knowledge and control
- Update documentation for ISO/TS16949, ISO14001/OHSAS 18001, ISO15001
- BS in Chemical engineering, Material engineering, Ceramic engineering... etc
- Good knowledge in MS including Word, Excel, Power point and MS-Projects.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in relevant industry
- Basic knowledge in statistics. Sampling theory and use of statistical software is a plus
- Experience with furnaces or powder production would be a great plus
- A six-sigma green belt or experience in six sigma projects is an advantage
- Fluent in Korean and English (reading/writing in English is a must, fluency is required to progress in the organization)
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?