Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Process Engineer is expected to be delegated to Korea for 2-3 years, then will be working in Nysa/ Radzikowice in order to be involved in the process engineering group with strong connection with Process research team in Europe and the local Engineering team.
• Translate requests from R&D into a workable and up scalable process
• Assist the Engineering team during projects for all process related questions. Coordinate development and execution of all the process aspects of the assigned projects (developing new, optimizing and modifying of existing processes)
• Assist Engineering Project team and Operation team during commissioning
• Organize and coordinate tests internally or at external suppliers
• Support existing installation for process improvements where and when needed
• Continuously scout the market for new and better production equipment or processes
• Generate documentation supporting the growth of the RBM process knowledge
- Master degree with more than 5 years working experience in chemical or metallurgical engineering. Good understanding of heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid dynamic is a must. Understanding of CFD modelling is a plus.
- Specialized in high temperature processes, either linked to furnace line design or operations. Other types of high temperature processes are not excluded.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and transfer process understanding to Engineering team is a must
- Native Polish speaker, Fluent in English
- Ability to learn and understand RBM production process and product characteristics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (numerical and inductive ability)
- Ability to operate in a matrix structure in contact with different Dpts
- Good Communication skills
- People management, leadership skills is a plus
- Positive work attitude
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture, that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!