Project Manager Energy Sourcing
Belgium - Olen
Purchasing and Transportation
Posted on 12-02-2024
You are part of the sourcing team for energy and industrial gases serving Umicore’s business on a global scale, with a strong emphasis on reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Umicore’s need for energy and industrial gases is growing fast, mainly driven by Umicore’s expansion of its battery materials business.
The team you will be part of supports sourcing activities for Umicore sites in Europe, North-America and Southeast Asia for a variety of business groups: battery materials, recycling, catalysis and specialty materials. The team sources amongst others electricity, natural gas, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, CO2 credits and guarantees of origin. You are responsible for our existing sites as well as new site developments:
- to conduct tendering procedures and selecting suppliers
- to contract and do contract follow-up (including invoice verification)
Furthermore, you assist Umicore in realizing its sustainability ambitions to go for net zero GHG emissions by 2035.
- You identify and develop innovative sources for the procurement of low carbon energy sources.
- You develop onsite generation of green energy.
- You are well informed of (renewable) energy policies, regulations and trends in Umicore’s core markets.
- You follow-up on energy related projects from concept to realization, with reporting to higher management. Ongoing projects:
- carbon capture and storage,
- geothermal energy development,
- onsite li-ion batteries, and
- onsite hydrogen electrolysis.
- You build financial models and forecasts to evaluate strategic sourcing options and renewable energy investment opportunities.
- You assist in proper data management and analysis.
- You make sure Umicore benefits from energy-related subsidies and reductions on surcharges.
You represent Umicore in various interest groups on energy related topics on a national and international level.
- You make sure that Umicore’s interests are properly being reflected in policies and legislation.
- You organize knowledge distribution within Umicore with respect to upcoming policies and legislation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a Master university degree in economics, sciences, or other, and substantial professional experience in indirect procurement.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
- You have strong analytical and conceptualizing skills.
- You are an excellent communicator with interpersonal impact (influencing and persuading), you are customer oriented and decisive.
- You focus on results and strive for continuous improvement.
- You show an exemplary behavior towards ethics and integrity.
- You are a teamplayer, flexible, and eager to collaborate.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?Apply