South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Legal interpretation when accident happen
- Firefighting system internal inspection & facility management as well as Firefighting yearly plan set up and management
- Dangerous facility safety inspection as regal requirement
- SWP review and field check
- Follow up on Process Risk Assessment, Safety accident and Project safety review action
- Contractor safety and Document system management
- SAFETY training for employees.
- Keep the emergency response plan up to date and coordinate emergency drill for SAFETY with relevant departments.
- Maintain safety statistics and provide advice to EHS manager on any SAFETY policy.
- Handle regulatory SAFETY issues.
- In charge of ISO 45001 management procedure
Who we are looking for
A Bachelor's degree in a safety or technical engineering field of study.
2. Technical skills
- Social skills with functional authority to be able to work together with different levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of chemistry is required
- Understands basic chemistry
- Capable to learn and understand specific relevant Umicore processes
- Knowledge of process equipment is required
- Can read and understand SOP’s, and is able to ask critical questions towards the content
- Has a basic understanding of Umicore process equipment
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?