Senior product and process development manager substrates
Belgium - Olen
Posted on 16-05-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Electro-Optic Materials
Power in space. Vision at night. Coatings thinner than human hair. Umicore is a world leader in germanium material solutions for the space, optics and electronics sectors – enabling every day cutting-edge technologies. We guarantee our customers secure access to supply, plus recycling technologies that give materials a new lease of life. To produce materials with even higher performance, and provide recycling to new markets, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You will be part of the R&D Germanium solutions team within the Electro-Optic Materials business unit. As Senior Process and Product Development Manager, you will work on the development of our next generation germanium substrates.
We try to look higher and therefore we will work together to implement new chemical mechanical polishing processes. To scale up the process we will need larger substrate diameters and higher volume production.
Your assignment will be to build essential expertise, know-how and fundamental understanding of the new polishing processes to be implemented. You will also be responsible for setting up the necessary teamwork arrangements so that the newly developed concepts can be tested and implemented. This work will run with our suppliers, customers and R&D partners. What are your responsibilities?
You are responsible for the quality improvement of our Germanium wafer products
- You are responsible for the successful qualification of developed products internally and externally
- You are responsible for setting up and coordinating tests, and selecting and purchasing the appropriate tools for timely industrialization of new technologies
- You develop, in close cooperation with production, an improved production flow by developing and testing new and innovative processing steps
- You interact directly with end customers to fully understand their needs
- You handle the development of required process steps/modules with other colleagues and/or external partners such as equipment vendors
- You develop, prioritize and track development projects within a defined framework
- You lead Umicore's R&D contributions in government funded projects
- You handle the intellectual property and design-for-manufacturing aspects of new product/process development efforts
- You summarize and present the acquired results (reports/presentations/meetings)
- You coordinate knowledge transfer between the various partners to ensure timely industrialization of new technologies.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry, Materials science or related field with demonstrated ability (+ 4 years) in semiconductor industries
- You have minimum 3 years hands-on experience in project management
- You are able to understand process integration flows as well as do hands-on process step development
- Working experience in a substrates fab and especially on chemical mechanical polishing is a strong plus
- You are a standout colleague and can work in an international context
- You show good analytical skills and like to play with data, statistical analysis software skill is a plus (ex. Minitab, jmp,…)
- You are used to work with timelines and can handle stress
- You can work according to a well-structured project management methodology
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present results in a clear and concise way
- You have eye for detail but also able to take high-level perspective when appropriate
- In view of the international environment, good English communication skills are required. The knowledge of Dutch is an advantage. Or you are willing to learn it quickly
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO