Senior Sales Manager, Thin Film Products
United States - Quapaw_ USA
Energy & Surface Technologies
Sales & Marketing
Posted on 16-05-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Thin Film Products
Umicore is a leading developer and manufacturer of sputtering targets and evaporation materials for all microelectronic/optical applications. The extensive product portfolio is supported by an excellent recycling program, state-of-the-art R&D, local sales offices and customer service centers around the world. Thanks to innovation, creativity, and a worldwide close co-operation with customers, system manufacturers, and research laboratories, Umicore offers a unique expertise in the development of materials for current and future customer needs and profiles itself as a one-stop-solution supplier for the microelectronic/optics world.
Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- You will increase North American market share and profitable sustainable growth by instituting a strategy that ensures management of existing and development of new business by building and strengthening long-term customer and OEM relationships/intimacy
- You will provide technical support to all customers through all functions within a customer, that is from the use, to application, to design, R&D and advanced R&D, as well as BDM
- You will analyze market segmentation and dynamics of a rapidly evolving market and lead the strategic and budgetary planning of top line revenues of the business line for the North America region
- You will find new applications and products for growth
- You will develop, negotiate and close contracts with customers while managing the sales responsibility for a number of key accounts and OEMs in the region
- You will monitor and analyze market trends, customer business information and competitive landscape
- You will increase the presence and image of Umicore for relative applications in SEA with a focus on technical support and technology
Who we are looking for
- You have a Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, commercial sciences or business administration.
- You have a minimum of 8 years experience in sales or business administration in a technical field.
- You have an in-depth understanding of optics, microelectronics, semiconductor or related industry experience. You are passionate about technology.
- You have an open personality, you are a relationship builder and you nurture partnerships.
- You are a true team player with a habit of open and transparent communication.
- You are an excellent communicator, with good oral and written presentation skills.
- You are willing to travel frequently, you have an open mindset to other cultures and habits, and you can adapt to these.
- You are proficient in English.
- You have an ability to work within a strategy while also building that same strategy.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technology can produce coatings thinner than a human hair, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Pam Talbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.