Senior Technical Sales Manager (LaVergne, TN)
United States, La Vergne
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Sales & Marketing
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore’s expertise covers the sourcing, production, and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore’s materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints, and tires. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways of doing things, discover new solutions, and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
As our Senior Technical Sales Manager, you'll be responsible for managing sales, marketing activities and providing technical support to drive growth of sales revenue and ensure profitable results. Specifically, this will include:
- Establishing annual sales and gross profit budgets for designated products
- Assisting and supporting key customers with technical questions regarding products and applications
- Developing, implementing, and managing marketing programs for accounts with analysis of marketplace and supply needs, and regularly contacting customers via phone, email, or personal visits
- Managing assigned products
- Generating new business
- Recommending and negotiating customer contracts, inventory programs, and customer payment methodologies
- Interfacing with Customer Service, Purchasing, and Compliance departments to support efficient processing of orders and responsiveness to customer needs
- Remaining up to date on technical developments and new applications for products and industry trends
- Attending industry conventions and participating in trade show activities to promote products
Our success is based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and prepared to tackle any challenges they face. As well as your Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Process Engineering, you should also have at least 15 years of practical working experience in technical sales or marketing of industrial products, or other relevant sales or business experience with a deep knowledge of process chemistry and application specific knowhow for our products. Experience in the Plating and Surface Finishing industry is desired. You should have proven sales skills with the ability to work with customer engineering and management-level personnel on product solutions, and the ability to provide customers with onsite technical support to production processes. We’ll also be looking for:
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization with a measured sense of understanding for sensitive and confidential issues
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and analyze potential risks and effectively create solutions
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships with patience and persistence
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong diplomacy and ability to work with a team
- Strong organizational skills
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Our benefits package includes health insurance, company paid life insurance and short-term disability, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, voluntary critical illness and accident insurance, a 401K Plan with employer matching and profit-sharing eligibility, and bonuses. We recognize 11 paid holidays per year and provide a generous allowance for vacation and sick time.
This site is a certified Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace, and pre-employment drug testing is a prerequisite to hire.
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance applying for this position, please contact Palm HR at HR@palminc.com.