Overseas Talents-R&D Manager
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The R&D Manager is responsible for the management of complex R&D projects within the field of RBM R&D. This position is also responsible for the overall coordination and consolidation of the activities that are needed for a successful realization of the project and leads his/her team members in their individual development. The team can consist of R&D managers, researchers and technicians within the RBM-R&D organization.
1. Define together with the R&D team supervisors the resources needed to realize the project targets at the start and during the execution of the projects
2. Lead the project team members by:
a. Providing equal development opportunities, tailored coaching
b. being responsible for team members and making sure that team members perform at "natural best"
c. developing and use expertise in domain of battery materials R&D
Who we are looking for
- Technical Ph.D degree (chemistry, physics, engineering, …) or equivalent with over 10 years working experience within the domains of research, project management and process technology development
- Recognized expertise at LIB R&D, Process and Production field
- Project management, organizing, planning and coordination skills
- Sufficient English level to communicate within the world-wide Umicore organization
- Data Analysis and engineering integration skill
- Expertise in transferring of R&D processes to piloting and industrial scale
- Expertise in process technology development in the field of inorganic materials
- Business acumen and good understanding of R&D management and organization
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff in a matrix structure
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?