PMO manager Purchasing & Transportation
Belgium - Hoboken
Purchasing and Transportation
Supply Chain & Logistics
Posted on 05-12-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
With the introduction of the sustainability strategy “Go For Zero” and the business strategy Umicore RISE 2030, Umicore has clear and challenging ambitions for the future, in order to ensure reaching these ambitions, we need a strong Project & Portfolio governance within P&T. We are expecting this function to setup governance, policy, procedures and KPI’s for all P&T projects.
The PMO manager at P&T level needs to ensure that a full P&T portfolio of all complex projects within the department of P&T are designed and executed in a professional and sustainable way in order to achieve the ambitious global growth goals of RISE2030 and “Go For Zero”.
The PMO manager leads functionally for project guidelines, standards and reporting a group of program managers, who are managing the programs within the separate departments.
The program manager assist the MT of P&T in bringing structure to the project portfolio, which allows the teams to focus on execution.
Develop, implement and operate a global strategy for PMO within P&T
- This position is expected to setup & manage fully the process of a P&T Project Portfolio Governance from ideation to project execution. The PMO manager is responsible to
- Setup project quality gates, review project stages, setup project dashboard to monitor and escalate to management on-time when necessary
- Act as P&T Platform owner of Project and Portfolio Management Tool
- Communicate, train and coach program managers and project mgrs. to use the project governance standards and processes
- Act as a chief of staff for the MT of P&T, supporting them within their mgt team meetings
- Ensure timely execution of the P&T roadmap.
- Focus on minimising total cost of ownership.
Secure business alignment (with focus on UBM projects)
- Bring oversight on P&T MT level of the P&T project portfolio for UBM and the overall status
- Serve as a designated point of contact for UBM management on general topics regarding P&T related projects.
- Ensure an intimate connection with the business UBM and its plans in order to be a pro-active and strategic partner
- Prepare strategic review meetings, ao with BU management on the program(s), align with BU management on priorities, time, budget and resources.
Drive continuous improvement
- Drive continuous improvement in order to achieve operational excellence
- Identifying gaps and improvement opportunities
- Defining, consolidating and executing improvement plans and ensuring stakeholder alignment.
- Applying the principles of business excellence, continuous improvement and best practice sharing across sites.
We are looking for
- Communicator and interpersonal impact (influencing and persuading)
- Strong Master degree (economics, sciences, …) required
- Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Proven project management experience (+10 years) is required,
- Proven experience in directing and strengthening project teams
- Experience working for a large, diverse multinational is preferred. Experience working in at least an international environment is required.
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, …)
- Performance and result oriented, internal customer oriented, strives for continuous improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills and stress resistant
- Analytical, lateral & conceptual thinking and decision making;
- Strong project and risk management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Exemplary behavior towards ethics and integrity
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DOApply