Chemical Production Technologist (Catoosa, OK)
United States, Catoosa
Precious Metals Chemistry
About Umicore Precious Metals Chemistry
We develop, scale-up, manufacture, and globally market & sell Precious Metal-based Catalysts for use in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical, and industrial chemical industries. The key to our success is understanding customer-specific applications which enables us to translate ideas into chemistry solutions that work well in our customers’ processes. We find new ways to do things by discovering new solutions and developing new ideas.
Which is where you come in
What You Will Be Doing (Job Responsibilities)
- Produce precious-metal based inorganic and organic compounds.
- Work with state-of-the-art manufacturing systems.
- Utilize your technical know-how to troubleshoot processes and systems.
- Manage data including inventories of products and byproducts through the use of sophisticated ERP systems.
- Maintain the highest quality standards through continuous process improvement
Who We Are Looking For (Experience)
- Laboratory bench work experience is a plus.
- Experience with chemical compounds/product manufacturing is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude and work with PLC/HMI systems is a plus.
- Other important attributes are adherence to methods, people skills, resourcefulness, good numbers sense, ability to work with hands, and problem solving.
- A BS/BA in chemistry, engineering technology, or relevant science is required. (A minimum of 5-10 years of production experience if applicant has an Associates Degree in science)
What We Offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits.
With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Diane Hammons at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Umicore Human Resources at (918) 266-8078.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.