United States, Catoosa
Precious Metals Chemistry
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Precious Metals Chemistry
Life-enhancing chemistry. Umicore is an expert in metals-based catalysis for applications that improve our quality of life. Emission treatment technologies, cancer treatments, the production of fine chemicals and advanced electronics – all are made possible by our organometallic technology know-how. To bring the magic of metal-based chemistry and catalysis to new customers and new applications we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
This position is responsible for the electrical and mechanical maintenance of all machinery and facilities on the site. All aspects of preventative, predictive and reactive industrial maintenance will be performed. This position will typically work in support of the Manufacturing schedule on a 5 day, 8 hour schedule, but must be flexible to accommodate some weekends and extended hours.
- Responsible for electrical and mechanical equipment preventative, predictive and reactive maintenance.
- Responsible for facilities maintenance.
- Support manufacturing continuous improvement and Quality initiatives.
- Support capital projects and facility improvements. Facilitate work with contractors.
- Assist with maintaining the spare parts and consumable items used to keep equipment functioning. Interface with vendors to specify and acquire appropriate materials for the process.
- Develop short-term and long-term solutions to maintain the up-time of the facility by finding unique solutions where none have existed previously.
Who we are looking for
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates degree in electrical/electronics preferred.
- Welding, machinery, or mechanical skills preferred.
- Five years plant maintenance in a chemical process environment or similar with emphasis on mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems along with troubleshooting and calibrating low voltage digital and analog devices.
- Familiarity with pumping systems including centrifugal, diaphragm, piston and peristaltic.
- Ability to troubleshoot low voltage systems, work with digital and analog equipment, calibrate equipment and use a multi-meter.
- Troubleshoot Allen-Bradley PLC systems.
- Proficient in piping/plumbing of industrial equipment.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to acquire the appropriate information via product manuals and literature to determine the needs of the equipment.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO