Market & Technology Intelligence Manager
New Business Incubation
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About New Business Incubation
Umicore’s commitment to creating a sustainable future relies on innovation in all areas of business. As we keep pushing our boundaries and strive to set new industry standards, embracing advanced technologies has never been more essential. By finding these technologies we can navigate challenges and enhance our capabilities. By sharing different ideas, we can develop new business units or establish new divisions within our organisation. This is where contribution and collaboration are the drivers of real change. Where individual thought is identified, incubated and nurtured for growth in years to come. There is still so much potential waiting to be unearthed. Which is where you come in.
As part of NBI, the Strategic Insights and Analysis department is responsible for Umicore’s competitive intelligence. The department monitors the key trends in the value chain and competitive strategies. It keeps a close view on emerging markets, disruptive technologies and start-up activity.
What you will be doing
- As part of the SIA team, you identify and follow trends and drivers for Umicore’s future markets
- You organize the monitoring of key players and their strategies, including M&A moves, alliances and investments…
- You contribute, in collaboration with colleagues from the BU’s/NBI, to the overall view of the technology trends along the value chain from raw materials to end-user, and follow up on emerging markets, disruptive technologies and start-up activity.
- You support the relevant teams of Umicore stakeholders in their technology roadmapping and benchmarking exercises.
- You frequently collaborate with colleagues within Umicore to build consistent and shared views on global trends.
- You actively support the development of business foresight and offer inputs to market forecasts.
- You are working with the most advanced digital tools to analyze and present results in the most effective way.
Who we are looking for
- You have a master’s degree in Science or Business
- A 1-2 years’ experience in consulting or B2B market research environment would be a plus.
- You have a genuine interest in advanced technologies, sustainability and innovation
- You are a data cruncher, computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft (and associated) tools
- You are multilingual (English, and minimum one out of other local languages)
- You have the ability to understand and challenge market and economical concepts
- You have good communication skills (horizontal, vertical and external / oral and written)
- You have good networking skills, able to proactively build functional relations inside and outside the company.
- You are willing to travel regionally as well as worldwide
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO